Royal Badass
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Royal Badass

Quake3Arena 1.16n instagib clan

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Tx server maintenace

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Inky

Inky

Tx server maintenace Empty
PostSubject: Tx server maintenace   Tx server maintenace Icon_minitime04/06/12, 07:02 am

Hello. You are receiving this email because you have game, teamspeak, or web hosting services located in Texas and hosted by NoGhost.net/MaverickServers.com. There is possible upcoming maintenance that will affect you.

Over the past few weeks there have been numerous reports of higher than normal latency and latency spikes occurring often. I've reported this information to the datacenter and unfortunately we have been unable to resolve it. Seeing as it it becoming a larger and more annoying problem I'm now considering replacing the server with a completely new hardware platform.

The new hardware platform, in addition to having a faster processor, more memory, better and larger disk drives, and a newer operating system, would solve the problem of the latency. All files and settings would be moved over and everything would appear as it did before. However, the only drawback would be a change in the server's IP addresses. For some people, like those with web hosting, this won't affect you at all since you only need to make a change to your domain settings. Other people, like those with teamspeak or game hosting packages will need to tell their players the new IP address if they don't use a domain name to connect to it (like myserver.noghost.net).

I'm writing you this email today to get your opinion about this potential change and any feedback. I understand an IP change can result in some problems and is never optimal, so I'm trying to evaluate that and see if the trouble is worth it given the benefits of the new hardware. Please feel free to let me know your thoughts. If you don't respond to me then I'll assume this change is an acceptable solution.

Thank you.

-Maverick
www.NoGhost.net
Back to top Go down
CandyGirl
Admin
CandyGirl

PostSubject: Re: Tx server maintenace   Tx server maintenace Icon_minitime04/06/12, 07:22 am

got the email too, thanks for putting it here inky
Back to top Go down
https://royalbadass.forumotion.com
boombox

PostSubject: Re: Tx server maintenace   Tx server maintenace Icon_minitime04/06/12, 07:29 am

1lag is gay so idc xD
Back to top Go down
sparky

PostSubject: Re: Tx server maintenace   Tx server maintenace Icon_minitime04/06/12, 08:30 am

Woo about time!
Back to top Go down
Inky

Inky

PostSubject: Re: Tx server maintenace   Tx server maintenace Icon_minitime04/06/12, 08:47 am

until tx 'll be repaired, we can play scrims and other stuff at ny.noghost.net where i got ref
Back to top Go down
CandyGirl
Admin
CandyGirl

PostSubject: Re: Tx server maintenace   Tx server maintenace Icon_minitime04/06/12, 08:58 am

Inky wrote:
until tx 'll be repaired, we can play scrims and other stuff at ny.noghost.net where i got ref

Inky, your such a hero Razz thanks alot <3
Back to top Go down
Inky

Inky

PostSubject: Re: Tx server maintenace   Tx server maintenace Icon_minitime04/06/12, 09:11 am

thx...and now hero says "go to work Very Happy "
Back to top Go down
CandyGirl
Admin
CandyGirl

PostSubject: Re: Tx server maintenace   Tx server maintenace Icon_minitime04/06/12, 09:18 am

Inky wrote:

haha hero knows it all so well.. Razz and yes, leaving now to go to work :< i feel like i just took a command from you haha ;P

Back to top Go down
Inky

Inky

PostSubject: Re: Tx server maintenace   Tx server maintenace Icon_minitime04/06/12, 09:44 am

CandyGirl wrote:
Inky wrote:

haha hero knows it all so well.. Razz and yes, leaving now to go to work :< i feel like i just took a command from you haha ;P

great...I'll give u another one when u'll back Smile
Back to top Go down
Imgay

PostSubject: Re: Tx server maintenace   Tx server maintenace Icon_minitime04/06/12, 03:43 pm

I Got the email also,i was in the process of getting a server.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tx server maintenace   Tx server maintenace Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tx server maintenace
Page 1 of 1